Final message from Chairman of Correspondence Group
By: Thomas Liebert
I am writing this as the final message you will receive from me. As you no doubt are aware, the third report of Correspondence Group was presented at the 104th session of the IMO Legal Committee on April 26-28, 2017.
The Legal Committee thanked the Correspondence Group for all of its work over the years and agreed to the following:
- to approve the HNS Incident Scenarios presentation;
- to approve a revised draft IMO Assembly resolution on the implementation and entry into force of the 2010 HNS Protocol;
- to hold a two-day workshop based on the draft programme in conjunction with LEG 105 (i.e. April 2018);
- that further regional and other meetings will be considered in relation to the thematic priorities for technical cooperation; and,
- to wind-up the HNS Correspondence Group.
It was my pleasure to work with each of you and I wish to thank you for your interest and input. I would also like to thank the IMO, IOPC Funds, ITOPF and the International Group of P&I Clubs for their assistance in developing the various products for the Correspondence Group. It is my hope that we can continue to collaborate in the future.
I hope to see many of you at the HNS workshop in April 2018 and wish you all the best in your continued work.
The HNS Incident Scenarios presentation is available here and links have been posted on both the IMO and HNS Convention’s websites:
Finally, the HNS Blog will be renamed and will continue to be maintained by the IOPC Funds as a means for those interested as a tool to provide updates on implementation and ratification processes as well as asking questions and seeking further information.