HNS Incident Scenarios Presentation Tool
The HNS Incident Scenarios presentation has been developed by IMO, the IOPC Funds and ITOPF in close consultation with the International Group of Protection and Indemnity Associations and is complementary to the brochure “The HNS Convention: Why it is Needed”. The presentation is intended to be a further resource and information tool for authorities in IMO Member States as well as for the industry stakeholders to highlight the risk of HNS incidents and make ratification of the Convention a priority.
The presentation can be downloaded here.
A moderated blog section is available on the home page, allowing States and other interested stakeholders to share information, raise issues and ask questions. Any such questions will receive a response from the Secretariat, and these will be posted online. All interested parties are urged to use this tool so that other interested stakeholders can also benefit and widen their knowledge of the subject. To post on the blog, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IMO inventory of resources on HNS response
- IMO’s HNS Centres of Expertise
- Understanding chemical pollution at sea (Joint project of Cedre and Transport Canada)
- Accidental Water Pollution by Hazardous and Noxious Substances (Joint project of Cedre and Transport Canada)
- Maritime Integrated Decision Support Information System
- CAMEO Chemicals from U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration