HNS Correspondence Group Blog
The Correspondence Group, established by the IMO Legal Committee, advocates for the ratification of the 2010 HNS Protocol through information and experience sharing. The Group has Mr. François Marier from Canada as its coordinator and its principle means of communication are by email and through the HNS Protocol Blog. Furthermore, this Blog, which is maintained by the IOPC Funds Secretariat, is also an effective means to see all communications, respond or comment on postings and view documents or web links. To be added as a contributor to the Blog, please contact Mrs Victoria Turner at the IOPC Funds at:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International Maritime Organisation | HNS Convention
- European Maritime Safety Agency
- Centre of Documentation, Research and Experimentation on Accidental Water Pollution
- The International Tanker Owners Pollution Federation Limited
- Cefic: European Chemical Industry Council
- World LP Gas Association
- IMO inventory of resources on HNS response
- IMO's HNS Centres of Expertise
- Understanding chemical pollution at sea (Joint project of CEDRE and Transport Canada)
- Maritime Integrated Decision Support Information System
- CAMEO Chemicals from U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
HNS Why It Is Needed
(Adobe Acrobat format, 3.5 MB)
This six-page brochure published by IMO, in collaboration with the IOPC Funds and ITOPF, explains to States the purpose and benefit of the HNS Convention and encourages IMO Member States to take the next steps to ratify or accede to the Convention.
The 2010 HNS Convention
(Adobe Acrobat format, 0.5 MB)
A brochure prepared by the IOPC Funds provides important information on the HNS Convention and the 2010 Protocol, including the definition of hazardous and noxious substances, reporting requirements, coverage and financing.
To obtain paper copies of the HNS Brochure free of charge, please write to email@example.com.
Are HNS spills more dangerous than oil spills?
(Adobe Acrobat format, 432 KB)
A white paper for the Interspill Conference and IMO Research and Development Forum, Marseilles, May 2009
Review of chemical spills at sea and lessons learnt
(Adobe Acrobat format, 479 KB)
Compiled by CEDRE from Bonn Agreement and Helcome Reports; a white paper for the Interspill Conference, Marseilles, May 2009.